Benefits of Dates
The benefits and utilities of dates are shown as some doctors mentioned the benefits of Iftar on Dates and said: (starting Iftar with dates has a lot of healthy and nutritional benefits, some of these benefits are:
- Dates are easy to digest so they don’t exhaust the fasting person stomach.
- Dates decrease the great hunger feeling of the fasting person and so he doesn’t rush into excessive food eating which causes digestion disorders.
- Dates prepare the stomach to receive the food after being inactive through out the day with activating the release of digestive secretions and juices.
- Dates are very rich with sugary energy and so the body is supplied with the most important nutrients which is sugar that is irreplaceable as a nutrient for the brain cells and nerves.
- Dates protect the fasting person from having constipation as a result of changing meals times or as a result of having low fiber amounts in meals.
- The alkaline salts in dates adjust the acidity of blood which result from excessiveness eating of meat and carbohydrates which causes a lot of hereditary diseases as diabetes, gout, renal stones, gall bladder inflammations, high blood pressure and hemorrhoids).