The ICBG provides services for getting married (nikah).
Part A: Before processing the marriage
The performance of marriage from Islamic perspective necessitates the following:
1. Groom and Bride:
The groom and the bride must agree about their marriage out of their own free will.
- The Wali is the next of kin of the bride entitled to authorize the marriage of the bride and the groom.
- The Wali must be a man.
- The Wali must be the father of the bride unless otherwise.
- The Wali must be Muslim unless the bride is from the people of the book.
3. The witnesses:
- The witnesses must be two up right Muslim men, or one man and two women, or four women.
- The witnesses should be known to the couple willing to marry.
- One witness should be from the groom’s side and the second witness should be from the bride’s side.
4. The Mahr:
- The mahr (dower) is a valuable gift that must be given to the bride.
- The mahr could be an amount of money, jewelry or any other thing that has a value.
- The couple should agree on method of payment of the mahr.
Part B: Processing the marriage
- Set an appointment with the Imam; you can call (270) 846-0806 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Obtain a marriage license from vital statistics Bowling Green Ky.
- The Imam performs the marriage at the Masjid.
- Only refreshments are allowed to be served at the Masjid after performing the marriage.
- If you are not a member than you have to be, otherwise Imam can’t provide service for you.